Support for Windows XP
Button panels can now be created, moved, loaded and saved on disk. Properties for individual buttons can be set from the button property page.
Some of the new properties are:
- Pop-up Tooltips.
- Support for icons hosted in .exe, .dll and .ico files.
- 3D effects on the label text.
- Individual font and and attributes for each button.
- Mouse-over effects like 'glow text' and 'raised frame'.
AniTa now keeps a list of hosts you have connected to and you can set a %macro% string for each host. The macro string can contain any of the .wcf file settings. This provides a simple way to connect to multiple hosts while still only a single settings file has to be maintained.
Map the mouse and/or any keyboard key to activate “context sensitive help”. The user can get help on application field level completely driven by AniTa. Also supports Tooltip pop-up help on field level. The help system can activate any application or URL like:
- WINHLP32 (standard Windows help files)
- HTML address like http://www.april.se
- Notepad, Word, Excel, or any other software
AniTa 6 is a COM Automation Server. This gives any software supporting COM Automation servers a way to start and control AniTa. Examples of COM Automation clients are:
- Visual Basic for Applications
- AniTa 5 and 6. (Yes, AniTa can control another AniTa)
Screendump can now be made in either text or graphics mode.
Support for printing of any of the supported image formats like JPG, BMPand GIF. The image can be printed mixed with standard text. This can be completely controlled by the host application.
New %com…% macros available for opening, reading and writing to any serial port. The macros can be used from an e-script supporting some odd device connected to a COM port, or simply mapped to a keyboard key. An open %com…% port session can be donated to AniTa and used as the main transport. Also support for the DEC ‘printer session’ escape to read & write to any serial port on the PC.
· 2 – 72 lines on screen.
· GDI Terminal printer lines/inch and lines/page can now be set.
· Linux Console terminal emulation.
· VT420, 520 and 525 keyboard mapping with PC or VT keyboard layout.
· Keep-alive task: AniTa can now be configured to perform a macro on a configurable time frequency. This can be used to send any string to host or start any program.
· Extended e-script: New e-script callback functions AniGetInfo(…) can be used to get various runtime information like mouse click position. Useful for e-script doing screenscraping based on mouse click.
· Direct COM and LPT port I/O: New %com…% macros available for opening, reading and writing to any serial port. The macros can be used from an e-script supporting some odd device connected to a COM port, or simply mapped to a keyboard key. An open %com…% port session can be donated to AniTa and used as the main transport session.
· Blank screen Autologin timeout. If no data is received for x seconds during login, then the screen output will be enabled
· Configurable WYSE control characters to ignore (like printer start)
· GIF import filter updated
· New macros like:
%minimize%, %maximize%, %normalize%, %restore%, %activate%
%shiftstate% for getting mouse click key modifier like Shift, Control, Alt.
%printscreen% print full window
%printscreenpanel% print data + panels
%printscreendata% print data
%printscreenselected% print selected data
%settingclean% removes the "settings has been modified"
%settingdirty% sets the same flag to force save at exit.
%settingsave% macro to save settings into the current .wcf file.
%resize% can be used to recalculate and redisplay the screen after the button panel sizes have been updated.
%apphelp% activate application context sensitive help
%printimage% print a image file
%connectto%server connect to a specific server
%com…% direct serial port I/O
%exitall% close all AniTa windows
%appclose%title close any window with ‘title’
This is one of the samples from the AniTa Programmer's Guide...
|© Copyright 2004-2022||by April System Design|